6.06.2010

Fear

Author's Note: In The Robert Langdon Series fear plays a large role in Robert Langdon's life. As a child, he fell into a well and was trapped for hours, hours where he had to endure mass claustrophobia. Ever since, he's been scared of small spaces, and somehow in every book, he finds himself trapped by his fear. My biggest fear is isolation, so I decided to write a poem about it. I'm not entirely sure I like it, so please tell me what you think.

Blood flows like
Ice
Through veins of
Steel
Freezing inside

The panic
The fear
The howling wolf
And circular moon
Show emptiness

A group is protection
Fear disappears
But I am:
Isolated-
Alone.

3 comments:

  1. This was a really cool ironic poem. I like how you mentioned the hope and then crushed it. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting poem. I don't know how to put my thoughts into words but this is some of the best poetry I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the part of this poem that plays like a closed form, but really is an open form, pacing the reader to find himself confined by the really short lines. This poem definitely succeeds in the way you use imagery and shape.

    ReplyDelete